Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WoW problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RMN

RMN

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

I can't download the newest World of Warcraft patch (3.0.2) since the hard drive (30G) on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 2200) is full. I have a new external hard drive (160G) and have moved all the non-vital files to it but still don't have enough room to download the new patch. The only things I have left on my main are Vista, Norton Systemworks/Anti-Virus, essential programs and WoW. I tried moving my WoW files to the external to try and play it from there, but I haven't been able to make it work. Is there something I can do to run my game from the external drive? Can I make my external drive my main drive? Do I just have to cave in and get a new laptop? Or is there something else I can do to make this work? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

Do this:
Check Disk on the main drive (normally C:)
then Defrag.

This saved my computer once.
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

You can't really pick up a program and just move it to another spot. At least not in windows. The only way I can think of is to uninstall it from your main drive and reinstall it on the external.

#4 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

I think smurfgods idea is the only way to do it. You do know that in the WoW main folder, you can deleted the folders interface, WTF and cache. However doing that pretty much takes the game back to its default values, but it might free up some space for the large patch, and you better get it soon, lotsa cool things :thumbsup:

Edited by dark messenger, 23 October 2008 - 05:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users