Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OE Not recognising new email address

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

I helped a friend upgrade from dial up to Broadband the other day. Although he stayed with the same ISP he was required to create a new email address, although his original address remained valid. Try as we might it is impossible to get the new address to connect to the mailbox, it continually asks for the user name and password in a popup dialogue box. The details have been completed using the setup wizard and we have entered them manually but without sucess. The original email address works perfectly over the Broadband connection and we can login and access the email using the ISPs webmail service using exactly the same name and password.

I came home and set up the email address on my computer using OE (I normally use Outlook 2003) and got the same dialogue box popping up so exactly the same problem with the following error message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'username deleted', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any suggestions?
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

Is everything set up like this?
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_settings.html
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Supermart57

Supermart57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:19 AM

It only takes one little slip.

Thank you tg1911 for making me check those instructions again - 3rd time lucky!
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

That's good news, Supermart57.
Glad you got it fixed.
The solution, is always in the details. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users