Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Motherboard: Elite Group ECS P4M900T-M2, socket 775
O/S: XP Home from installation cd I bought directly from MS
RAM: 1 GB Crucial PC4200 DDR2 533 MHz
CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200, 1.6 GHz, 512K, 800 MHz, OEM, Advanced Performance Series, Allendale, socket 775
PSU: Power Up 450 Watt ATX
HD: WD Caviar SE, 320G, IDE
Monitor: Samsung 2032NW, SyncMaster, 5ms, 3000:1, Dynamic Contrast, 20
DVD burner: Memorex multi format, double layer
CPU fan:Ultra X Wind, aluminum socket
Case: from an old Compaq Presario

I just ran Panda Active Scan 2.0 and the Avista scan. The Avista scan stopped before completing, and so did the Panda. The Panda Scan showed 17 files infected and one file suspected at the 90% completion point then stopped scanning. I didn't get the results of the Avista scan because the scan screen and tab just disappeared after running for a while. After the Panda Scan stopped running I clicked on something from I believe the Panda Scan window to get to another window, and my computer froze so I had to shut off the power and then reboot. That's the first time this computer has frozen up. This is a new computer I just set up a week ago with a new XP Home o/s from an XP Home installation cd I bought directly from Microsoft. Right after installing the o/s I surfed around the Internet for a while before installing any firewall or scanner. I guess I could have been infected then. I have not received any warning pop-ups. I did these two scans because I want to copy data from an old hd that I used on my old computer. I had many o/s and virus problems on that computer, so I didn't want to transfer any of them to my new current hd. I believe the problems were detected from my new hd because the scanners were still scanning the new hard drive when the problems were detected. I installed the old hd right before doing the scans. I have the new hd set as the master and the old hd as the slave. I currently have Avista and Comodo installed and running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users