Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Won't Recognize Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mikezord

Mikezord

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hi all,

My computer monitor will not recognize my computer, when i turn on the computer the monitor gives the orange light on the power button indicating that the computer is still off, now i have no idea what this problem is but i have searched on the internet ways to fix this so far ive tried: Cleaning the RAM, Placing the RAM in different slots, using a different monitor cable and monitor on computer,switching from using the video card slot to the motherboard slot for the monitor , and unplugging the computer and leaving it for 24 hours. None of these seem to work for me so i wondered if anyone else had any suggestions?

all of these parts are brand new barely 2 months old and i built the computer myself and it has been working since then this has only happened in the last 48 hours or so.

Specs:
M3N-HD/HDMI ASUS motherboard
Nvidia 9600 Geforce GT 512 MB GDDR3 Graphics Card
AMD-64 2.1 GHz Triple core processor
600W power supply
2x 2GB Dual Channel memory DDR2

So if anyone could please help it owuld be much much appreciated but i will still keep looking on the net

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

Does the monitor work with other computers?

Does the computer work with other monitors?

Have you tried a new video cable?

Try those out and it should tell you which is the culprit.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users