Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'd like a My Toolbox folder

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:11 PM

This idea is a good one, I think, but has the potential for making errors doing it in my hands, alone.

for background information, please see windows>stump the cow in this forum
:thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:24 PM

Im still doing it. Infact i got it done. Just give me a hour to post im kinda busy. It ought to work great! Just hold on a little bit. First create a new folder on your desktop and name it my toolbox.I have to go now ill be back but i got it finished. I will post here in a little bit ok?

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

No problem, cowsgonemad, I was curious when you mentioned that you were at 94%, and have been anticipating the remaining 6% ever since. LOL

a folder is on my desktop called "My Toolbox" :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 03 August 2004 - 06:40 PM.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:19 PM

Ok next go into it and right click a little bar like thing should pop up. Ok this part is for the sortcut for leaktest. Now that the bar thing is up you should see
new with a arrow pointing over go down to it and another bar should pull over. This bar should have Shortcut on it. CLick it. This should bring up the create new shortcut wizzard. Click browse and locate your leaktest. Then click it it should now go back to the main screen then click next. You have a choice to name it what you want. When done click enter. Now you have a shortcut to your leaktest. Now right click again in a empty area in the folder and click properties. Then up top it should have the general tab clicked if not make sure your under it. Then click advanced. Look down at the bottom and check compress items in folder to save space(or something like that) This will save you space! Ok next this is for the"the page I downloaded from Gibson Research describing this function" if this is what i think it is(a web link to where you downloaded it then...... Ok right click and the bar will come up again.Now click new and add new shortcut. Go to where you downloaded this thing and go up top where it has the web address. Click in the center of it and it should highlight it all. Hit ctrl and c (hold them like hold ctrl and while holding hit c then let go.). Next go abck to the create new shortcut and click in the blank. Then hit and hold ctrl plus v. It will paste the link into there. ANd click next and then name it what you want. Then click finish. There is your web link to the site. right click and go to new and click folder. Ok now name it leaktest information or what you want to(this will be where you put the web link and the other stuff"information" in) Now drag and drop the web link into the folder you just made. Now make sure your still in the main folder and right click and the bar should pop up. Go to new and click either text document or wordpad document. ANd name it first use log of........ your program. Then you can type your details of the first use here. After you type in it or before drag and drop into your folder(the one you made). Last but not least........I hope i aint boring you i just want tomake sure you get it all.
If you got the post that introduced it to you off of a website then just highlight the whole page by hitting ctrl plus a. ANd hit ctrl plus c. Then go to righ click in a empty spot in the folder and click new worpad document. Open it and click in it. Then hit ctrl plus V. ANd now drag it into your folder. There now you got all you need to organize! WOW what a long post!

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:21 PM

You can do the same things with the adaware! If you need help just ask. Now that we both no how to do shortcuts it will not take as long to write ok? I will be back later to give you the details about adaware. Thanks for your patience!!

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

O and im going to want to make sure you got all this by posting a pic of your finished folder. I will tell you how to do this too. Be back in half a hour! Got to go feed animal(of course baby calves) LOL

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

Im back!!! Ok lets get started i see your reading it ill wait a sec for a reply.

#8 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:29 PM

works like a charm, CMG...the key is "right-click anywhere in the blank are" of that folder. Once the option to make a shortcut THERE is given, then I'm off and runnin'. Thank you....it was one of those things I hadn't taught myself (self-teaching can be a bummer at times. LOL)

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:32 PM

Makes me happy! LOL need help with adaware?

#10 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:35 PM

Let me be the first to admit it...I Can't Stump The Cow.

:thumbsup:

and that was a long post, my friend. I do appreciate your effort.

Let's do the ad-aware

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

Ok i will write it up and send it in soon. Might not be tonight as i have to go for a little bit but i will write it and hopefully send it in tonight so check back in!!
Might be tomorrow.

#12 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

Get a good night's sleep, CGM....you've gotta get up early to do the milkin' and feedin' them baby calves. :thumbsup: You can count on a sceenshot or two of my new toolbox in the near future!

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

Ok about the same thing as above. Ok first of all make a folder named adaware folder. Next type in lavasoft.com at your webrowser homepage. Then open it so you can get the homepage of the main site. Copy and paste as above into a new shortcut thing in the adaware folder. name it lavasoft homepage. next for the "zip file downloaded". I am not sure what you mean by this but you can store a zip file in a compressed zip file folder. right click and on the bar you should see in the new part a thing that says compressed zip folder. Name it what you want. Now you cna drag and drop your zip file into this folder(if this aint what you mean them post another topic here). This is for:"
* shortcut to folder "downloads after 7-20-04" where ad-aware.exe is".
Make a new shortcut and then click browse and look for the adaware folder. Mine is at "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6" Yours should be there too! Maybe just copy and past C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6 Into the line to add new shortcut or just do a search my computer,program files,lavasoft and then click adaware. There now you got your shortcut to the adaware folder! Now for the:the logs from ad-aware". Ok do a add new shortcut and search for the lavasoft folder again and in it click logs. Then add the new shortcut and you have a shortcut to the logs! As for pdf info i dont quite understand that one. And for the tutorials just add new shortcuts and copy and paste the links from the webpages. And there you have all you need to be organized! Any more question??? Hey this one is shorter! Im getting better!!! LOL O and dont forget to do the folder compression after your done! Safe you space. Hey you can do compression on drive c too!!! I did on mine and boy did it save space! My computer click drive c: then right click properties. Then it should say at the bottom compress drive to save space. Now check it and click ok. It might take a while but it will save you a good amount of space!
CGM3

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:49 PM

I sent it early! Need any help on how to post that screenshot? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=1402&hl=
and
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=1324&hl=

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:01 AM

Mornin! LOL ill wait until i get word back from you in this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users