Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fios Loves router, Hates Server 2003...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kb1ibh

kb1ibh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

alright... i've got a linksys router that yesterday began acting strangely, and i can only get online through it about half the time.... instead of replacing it, i threw together an old 1.4ghz desktop with two NIC's and installed on it server 2003... i'd like this pc to take the place of the router but im runing into some strange issues with it... for internet service im using verizon FIOS, to connect to this, the linksys router uses DHCP, no static ip or pppoe or anything fancy... it connects that way fine.. when i take the main verizon cable however and plug it into either NIC on the server, it tells me the connection has limited or no connectivity, and that it was unable to obtain an IP...

anyone know what might be going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kb1ibh

kb1ibh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

hmm.... just thinking... the verizon cord wasnt long enough so i've got a coupling and a 6 ft patch cord to make it long enough... should that be a crossover cable as opposed to a patch cable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users