Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows WGA help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alty Blue

Alty Blue

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:26 AM

Hi All,
First post, so apologies if I do something wrong. A few weeks ago I uploaded the latest security update from Msoft and then had prblems with being told I was the victim of counterfeit software, which I am certain I did not have. Unfortunately, I haven't got a disc, as it was pre-installed. Anyway, after searching forums I was able to remove the annoying pop-ups. However, something odd happened to Norton, so I had to reinstall it. Ever since, I am unable to open iTunes (it says it's running in task manager), but nothing comes up, and more annoying is that whislt I can get online ok, anything that needs me to login, eg bank, ebay, facebook etc comes up with the unable to access page when I input username/password.
I am at my wits end, so hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance
Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Whether you have a disk or not...whether XP is preinstalled or not...has nothing to do with failure to resolve known issues with activation. The procedures employed by Microsoft relative to WGA and activation...are purposely designed to facilitate the resolution of issues which appear.

So, IMO, that is not something in your favor when you seek "help".

I have seen various posts involving illegal copies/versions of XP that seem to exhibit problems similar to yours.

I suggest that you resolve your issues if legal...if not, then I believe that's the price you pay.

Just an opinion...

Louis

#3 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

Some problems with passwords can be caused by Nortons. One thing you could do is try uninstalling Norton and replacing it with a free stand alone antivirus and see if the problems go away. If you decide to do this, be sure to download the installation program for the free antivirus before you uninstall Nortons (but don't install it yet) . Antivir and Avast are both free. It may be necessary to go to the Symantec website and run their Norton Removal Tool to make sure you have gotten as much of their software out as possible. The Norton Removal Tool will also remove Ghost, so if you have Ghost, you need to decide if you want that removed. Once you've installed one of the standalone antivirus programs, update it and then see if you still have the same password issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users