Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to clean a laptop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 haken_zell

haken_zell

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

hi and good day..

i want to clean my laptop from dust because it is overheating and its getting slow, i just want to ask if you guys can give me a guidelines on how to do it..i don't have a vacuum so i think i have to open it, its been 2 years now since i have it, this is the first time I'm going to clean it..i have a acer aspire 3610..

thanks.. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

Get hold of some canned air and give it a good blow through the laptop vents. This will remove any dust lying about.

When using your laptop have it sat on a flat surface which allows for air to pass underneath and through the vents aswell.

How slow is your computer running? you may have other issues apart from a bit of dust. Try the above first tho.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 haken_zell

haken_zell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

hi,

i already did that,.but it is still overheating and its getting slow that i have to put electric fan on top of it to help the processor from getting hot..
my laptop is free from virus and malwares..its just when its get hot, it become so slow for sometime and become stable again, and then slow and so on..

thanks

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:10 AM

Ok no probs,

Basic question, but is your fan running ok?

Have a look at task manager, what CPU % is your laptop running at when in idle (eg, no programs running)

Also have a look at your power management to see if this is still working.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users