Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jercee

jercee

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:04 PM

I currently have a number of .exe apps on my pc and have come to discover this website because my software brought me to it.

However, I have noticed that in helping most of the folks solve their problems the task manager is often used.

and herein lies my first issue........I have discovered that my task manager must be corrupted since all get the listing of the current programs being used but not headings to click on to get the processes , apps, etc.

Does anyone know how I can re-install the task manager so that I may get on to my bigger problems.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:09 PM

jercee, the taks manager will only give you the processes running, it wont give the headers etc..You dont need to reisntall the task manager! As well there should be alot of .exe programs running. Is there a more of what is going wrong?

If this is what you see your fine with the task manager!

Click Me

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:19 PM

when you bring up the task manager, in any of several ways (they are described in sort of a confusing way several posts back in this forum under "task manager...I think I'm dangerous)
if all you see is the programs, try moving your cursor to the edge of the box 'til you see a double arrow, and left-click.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 jercee

jercee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

phawqq........

thank you.........very much.

the double arrows is all it took to get back all of the categories.

thank you again

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:19 PM

my pleasure, jercee. It's only been a couple of days since my own fiasco with what I beleive to be a cool tool. Please check out pondering's last post in the "Our Tutorials" forum under "what would you like to see next" and follow the link to an article that is very good regarding the TM :thumbsup:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...findpost&p=8790

Edited by phawgg, 03 August 2004 - 06:29 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users