Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is up with Microsoft Word?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Alright. I have just noticed this because i was (and need to be working on) a english project which, obviously, involves using a word processor. In my case Microsoft word.

But its being weird.

When typing it is slow, the letters not appearing on the page until i stop for a second. Then they appear, with volumes of mistakes.

Also when trying to use the tool bar menus (such as the spacing selector) the menu gives the pre-drop image (faint image JUST before it actually shows its self) and stops, no menu.

Any one know whats up with this? I would like to fix the problem without having to reinstall.

I dont remember having this problem in recent memory.
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 haun

haun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

NEVER MIND!!!!!

I just did a BUNCH of defragmenting. and the computer is faster in general, and word works!
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

You might want to turn off any applications you have running in the background as well. This will free more RAM for Word.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

I also noticed that Office 2007 eats resources like crazy. It's not suitable for slow computers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users