Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kaspersky has been down for 3 days --- any info?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 foraminut

foraminut

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have been following Carolyn's sage advice to drsky2103, and then got the zumie bug.....reading through her posts, I attempted to run kaspersky's antivirus scan. I've been trying to gain access to that website for three days, using Firefox 2, IE7, and Opera....each without any luck (connection either times out, or message is that website is unavailable). I've pinged it satisfactorily, but tracing the route times out...
Any ideas as to what might be happening with kaspersky dot com?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 13 October 2008 - 10:09 PM.
Move from HJT forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Working fine for me.

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 foraminut

foraminut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

Thanks, EMu but there appears to be a problem with my router (linksys) and/or my provider (comcast) -- and doing a little searching around led me to forums (on kaspersky itself and elsewhere) which contain many posts describing problems getting to the site. I did use a proxy to get to kaspersky's home page, but consistently get a 404 error when attempting to use the free scanner as noted in your response to me. No further response needed here, I just wanted to pass on a little information :flowers: As I can't use that scanner, it appears that my options to rid my system of the zumie malware are nearly nil :thumbsup: thanks anyway for your time.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

Not a problem, at least you where able to locate where the problems lie.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users