Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$6000 duel Xenon 3.6 that is nothing but a paperweight right now

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Paul

Chris Paul

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I've got a $6000 duel Xenon 3.6 that is nothing but a paperweight right now.

I've had this machine for 1.5 years and ever since new it's had this recurring problem of freezing when I try to log in. I'm the only account on the darn thing. It used to be if I restarted 4-9 times it would eventually load the desktop. I'll save you the long story with the mfg. but after they reformatted the hard drive, I reloaded all my software, (Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Avid video editing, and MS Office 2003). It worked great for about 1 month and then started the locking up again. Today I've rebooted no less than 20 times and it hangs every time. It comes up on the desktop blue screen with no icons or taskbar and that's as far as it will go.l

If anyone can help I would reallhy appreciate it. I refuse to deal the Guy Graphics out of Utah any longer. They insist the machine is fine.

Thanks,

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

You do any routine hard drive maintenance on this system?

Run chkdsk /r?

Defrag?

Run a diagnostic on your hard drive?

Louis

#3 airs0ft3r

airs0ft3r

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hey,

I can recommend Uniblue Registry Booster. I have a much less expensive computer (only 700) but it showed the same problems of yours. I can say Registry Booster worked wonders. There are also other alternatives, but I'm not willing to explore it yet. But your problem also sounds part physical.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey,

I can recommend Uniblue Registry Booster. I have a much less expensive computer (only 700) but it showed the same problems of yours. I can say Registry Booster worked wonders. There are also other alternatives, but I'm not willing to explore it yet. But your problem also sounds part physical.

Registry software should be used At your own risk
Remember to back up the registry first
ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

Edited by garmanma, 13 October 2008 - 08:42 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users