Jump to content
Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:08 PM
Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:16 PM
Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:28 PM
Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:33 PM
Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:17 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:41 AM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:23 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:03 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:37 PM
If that doesn't fix it, then I'd suggest a repair install of XP. If you've got Internet Explorer 7 installed, read this article first: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964 Then read this for the procedure for the repair install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Then try running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run dialog (more info here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/ )
Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:41 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:43 PM
Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:01 PM
If Internet Explorer 7 cannot be uninstalled, but if the Windows\ie7\Spuninst folder exists, uninstall Internet Explorer 7 in the Recovery Console. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer in the Recovery Console. For more information about how to use the Recovery Console, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307654 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654/) How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
2. Type the following commands.
Note Press ENTER after each command.
3. Insert the Windows XP installation CD into the computer's CD drive, and then restart the computer.
4. Perform a Repair installation of Windows XP. After the Repair installation process is complete, start Internet Explorer 6, and then make sure that it works.
5. Install the latest service pack for Windows XP.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322389 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389/) How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack
Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:05 PM
Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:08 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users