Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message at Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hitbit

hitbit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

Can anyone help please as I don't have a clue what this message refers to.
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x950 (2384), Thread id=0x954 (2388),
Click OK to terminate the application,
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

When I Click cancel to debug the application, I get the following message.

" Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.
cordbg.exe !a 0xf9c
Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually,
Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request

hitbit

Attached Files

We do not own the planet we are simply minding it for our children

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Logonhook.exe usually belongs to the McAfee data backup program. I'd suggest uninstalling it and checking to see if that fixed it. If so, you can download a fresh copy and install it and the errors should not reappear.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 hitbit

hitbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

Hi Usasma,

Thank you so much for your kind help. You were perfectly correct, the Error message was generated by McAfee Backup. Uninstalling same as you suggested has solved the problem.

hitbit
We do not own the planet we are simply minding it for our children

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

I'm glad to hear that you solved your problem. Thanks for letting us know, it'll help others who are searching for help with the same error.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users