Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Manager/Safe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 strabo

strabo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

For quite sometime I've used Password Manager (from http://www.passwordsafe.com/). For the past two-three weeks, however, I cannot open my account: whenever I try, either from Firefox or IE, from any computer (office, home desktop, laptop) I get the same error message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, you@your.address and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Any ideas on what is going on? Or on how to recover my passwords in Password Manager/Password Safe? Has www.passwordsafe.com disappeared altogether?

Strabo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hello your link did not work for me either but I found this one.

http://www.passwordsafe.com/

This also may be of interest to you.

http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 strabo

strabo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

Thanks. The first link will not work (I get the same message of internal error etc). The second is another thing, also a password site, apparently a good one from what I've been reading.
Many thanks, anyway.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

The link works for me try clearing your Browser cache and then run ATF Cleaner. I use clear all with ATF. Then se if the pages open.

Clear Your Browser's Cache

ATF Cleaner
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 strabo

strabo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

Thank you, boopme. I did try - with high hopes. But it didn't work!

I suppose I'll have to work hard and try and remember all the sites and passwords stored in my now dead Manager :thumbsup:

Many thanks: I did enjoy your cleaning software!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users