Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox 360 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Ok, so I know this website mainly deals with PCs but I thought I'd post this here just incase anyone could help.

I bought a HDMI cable for my xbox ages ago. near enough when I first bought it and its worked fine. But today my xbox wouldnt start up. I switched it on and nothing happened. I was getting all the light come on on my controller (which isnt wireless) but no lights on the xbox. I took the cable out, blew in it, plugged it back in, left it for a while but nothing happens. I finally decided to check if the whole thing was broken and switched it to scart. As soon as I plugged the scart lead into the xbox (I hadnt even plugged the other end to the T.V.) It came to life. It started booting up and reading the disc and the controller came to life also. So i thought I would switch back to HD.... Switched the plugs over and nothing happened. It sounded like it was loading but the controller wasnt being read and I wasnt getting a signal on my T.V. I switched the whole lot off and tried again with the HD cable and now I'm back to square one.

It all works fine with the scart lead but HD just isnt working. Which I cant understand as I was playing it in HD last night and it worked fine. I find it hard to think that the cable has broken in a matter of hours with no-one touching it...

Any help with this as its doing my head in.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

don't suppose you have anything else in the house that runs on HDMI or another cable or something laying around you can eliminate some possibilities with do ya?

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

unfortunately no. We have other HDMI T.Vs but not the cables for them. My parents are cheap and dont want to pay for it :thumbsup:

EDIT:

I tried my wireless controllers with it aswell. If you press the little buttons on the xbox and the controller the two sync for abit but dont establish a connection. This is really starting to annoy me now. Is it a trick by microsoft? They dont include a HD cable and make you buy a separate one for 20-25 then after say 6 months the cable stops working so you have to buy another? Its pathetic. No-one and nothing would have even touched that cable and yet its just stopped working... I should have bought a PS3.

Edited by athelos, 13 October 2008 - 12:56 PM.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

I'll start playing a game and the 360 just stops. I don't play Live, just against the CPU. One green light is on and doesn't flash. I 2 fans blowing on the console so I don't think it's a heat issue.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users