Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with web pages in IE.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:38 AM

Hi, I hope someone can help me out a bit here.
I have recoded some photo pages to show a large image on mouse over of a thumbnail. The pages work perfectly in Firefox but show quite scrambled in IE.
This problem is beyond my knowledge so I hope someone can give me some advice on how to fix this.

This is one of the pages
http://people.aapt.net.au/wildchild2/mytownphotos.htm

Any help and advice appreciated, thanks.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:40 AM

Do you mean besides all of the syntax errors?

#3 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:36 AM

Problem fixed. Needed to define DOCTYPE. Now works in IE. (even with all the errors)
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Some of your photos are rather nice. :thumbsup:

You might want to consider fixing the syntax errors. You never know when one of the browsers will change their parsing engines to only accept code that validates properly. Truth be told, if they ever did that, probably 99% (my guess) of the web would be down, but it is i still a good idea to make it as correct as possible. I am actually sort of surprised IE renders it like you want.

#5 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Thanks groovicus for the compliments. :thumbsup: I really like taking photos and I think I am getting better at it, a half decent camera helps.

I ran my pages through a validator programme and it seems to have cleaned up the code a lot. They are now coded in CSS so I am now having to learn a new language just when I had a handle on HTML. :flowers:

At least I now have the pages working with the pop up staying put even when the page is scrolled.

Thanks for the help.

(I'm sure I will have more questions now about CSS.) :trumpet:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users