Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A load of nasties

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tyler4402

tyler4402

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:26 AM

Hi All
Can anybody advise me, my pal has got a load of nasties on his PC and now it will not connect to the internet, I have taken a few obvious ones off with HJT and run a scan with Malware Bytes which finds the infections ok, but when it comes to zapping the nasties it freezes, my pal says he has tried other virus progs and whatever it is that he has got again stops the program from zapping or moving them to a vault.
Can anybody suggest anything I can put on a disk or memory drive to try and clean out his nasties.
Regards Robert.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

If you can get the definitions and the updates on to a Memory stick you could try a scan with superantispyware if it will let it run

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959604

BUT be aware you are putting a memory stick into an infected comp so may wish to 'dump it ' once it has transfered the program ; you do not wish to infect another comp do you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users