Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloader-NewJuan/VM vundo variant

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 vic59

vic59

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:22 PM

All kinds of crazy things are happening, when I get on the internet especially. After I run Super Anti spyware, Spybot S&D & Adaware & if I stay off the internet things seem fairly normal. I get a lot of spybot "registry entry changes, allow/deny change(i've since turned off tea timer & not geting these anymore). When I try to get on the internet sometimes it just sits there. Get a lot of crazy popups for fake antivirus website/downloads/scans. warning windows that I'm infected by malware etc..Also when I start up or reboot my SBC self support tool (looks like DOS) window pops up (never did that b-4). Sometime when I'm on line the Internet explorer just shuts off or won't start just sit's. so can you help me out?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 October 2008 - 11:29 PM.
Moved from HJT forum to Am I Infected forum as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Here's my MBAM log you asked for me to post:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28
Database version: 1266
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

10/13/2008 7:30:53 PM
mbam-log-2008-10-13 (19-30-52).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 51282
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 11
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 11

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUkkhHx.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\glfbct.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{f73d7455-6cc3-4dc0-86d6-85cd2f339728} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f73d7455-6cc3-4dc0-86d6-85cd2f339728} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d81ccb65-d49c-4280-9e07-f15e4b61ec56} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{f7fa36a4-3177-4b57-b9c1-e9c5b2e0d3a9} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{453f51e8-fef5-4c54-b136-944bf434360c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IProxyProvider (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\getmodule23 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cpue (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\vnrblock21 (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\vtukkhhx -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\vtukkhhx -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUkkhHx.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xHhkkUtv.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xHhkkUtv.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\glfbct.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\irbhyeys.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wadgnesf.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xxrebmni.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\BM93304c42.xml (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\BM93304c42.txt (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\alog.txt (Stolen.Data) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

After it rebooted it said there were some files that it could not remove.

Thanks, Vic59

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

Your log shows a Backdoor infection. Some of these can be very nasty and your online passwords may have been compromised.

Now run the Full Scan and post the new log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

Sorry I got a little side tracked, I really appreciate your quick response. Hope this "Backdoor" virus isn't too difficult to get rid of. Here's the next log you requested. Thanks again!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28
Database version: 1266
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

10/13/2008 11:50:33 PM
mbam-log-2008-10-13 (23-50-33).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 126721
Time elapsed: 57 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Shockwave.com\Ranch Rush\product\ijl15.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cxmqpckf.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

How's your computer running now?

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:26 AM

It seems to be running great, back to normal. I haven't done any surfing the net yet but it doesn't seem slow or slow to reboot or to connect to the internet like it was. It seems to be fixed. My last question would be you mentioned that my internet passwords might me compromised, how can I tell? Or if they have been what should I do?

Thanks for all your help, Vic59

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

You should change all your online passwords.

Run a scan with SuperAntiSpyware in Safe Mode and post the log.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

here's the log you requested.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 10/14/2008 at 07:05 PM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3595
Trace Rules Database Version: 1582

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:14:57

Memory items scanned : 151
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5423
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 36997
File threats detected : 4

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@questionmarket[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adrevolver[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@doubleclick[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

That last log looks good.

If you’re clean, you should create a new Restore Point to prevent possible re-infection from an old one.

Go Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click System Restore. Choose the radio button marked Create a Restore Point on the first screen then click Next. Give the Restore Point a name and then click Create. Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point. Go Start > Run and type: "Cleanmgr" (without the quotes). Click Ok > More Options tab > Clean Up in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

Update your Java, as older versions have vulnerabilities that can be exploited. Go Start > Control Panel and double-click Java. Select the Update Tab and click Update Now. Then in the Control Panel double-click Add or Remove Programs and delete all the Java entries except the latest one.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

There were only 2 java programs in my add/remove programs & they were named differently couldn't really tell which one was older. Also I have auto update on my Java the last update had been 9/18/08.

When you said to change all online passwords, do you mean that every where I have an account on the internet I have to go there & change my password?

Thanks again for all your help & your quick responses.

Vic59

#12 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

What are the names of the Java programs in Add/Remove?

When you said to change all online passwords, do you mean that every where I have an account on the internet I have to go there & change my password?

Yes. Alternatively you could just keep a close eye out for any suspicious activity on those accounts in the near future. If you do on-line banking I would definitely change those passwords.

—George Bernard Shaw

#13 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

the two Java files are: JS2E runtime environment 5.0 update 5 & Java2 Runtime Environment, SEv1.4.2.

#14 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

The one you want is this one:

Version 6 Update 7

Uninstall the ones you have and download the latest:

http://java.com/en/download/

—George Bernard Shaw

#15 vic59

vic59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

Done! You were really a big help thanks alot, I've been trying to get rid of this my self for about 2 weeks. I appreciate the software suggestions & the advice. Have a good one! Vic59

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users