Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Vista Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 InuYasha

InuYasha

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

Hi, I've been having some major issues with my computer(Vista Home Basic OS) and its boot startup.

When I turn on my computer, it's fine until the moving green bar. It will just keep on going and going and going, and will NEVER STOP! I can easily start up in the diagnostic modes(safe modes and stuff). SOMTIMES I can get through the maving green bar. Startup repair doesn't see a problem, niether does AVG Free. I have lots of USB divices. My mouse and keyboard are USB divices too, so I can't remove all of them frop their ports. Windows defender also sees nothing. And my outdated and expired Norton Internet Security...well.... I have no clue, it keeps telling me it has an internal program error and to uninstall and reinstall itself. And all that crap. Anyway, I just wanna know what to do. Please reply ASAP. Thank You in advance.

~InuYasha
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Did you remove Norton before installing AVG?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:30 PM

If you're still getting Norton errors, download and run the Norton Removal Tool for your particular version of Norton. Google for "Norton Removal Tool" (without the quotes) and the version that you're using (ie 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, etc)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

The problem occured BEFORE I got AVG Free. I got it because of the boot problem. So it has nothing to do with antivirus conflict, plus Norton's firewall is off.

Any more solutions. Remember the real problem, it's not just "some boot roblem."

Here, to the point:

When I turn on my computer, it's fine until the moving green bar. It will just keep on going and going and going, and will NEVER STOP! I can easily start up in the diagnostic modes(safe modes and stuff). SOMTIMES I can get through the maving green bar. Startup repair doesn't see a problem. I have lots of USB devices.
Posted Image

#5 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Anyone have any explinations? I'll admit, I'm a little impatient, but I honestly find this boot problem a bit scary cnsidering nobody knows the problem.

Edited by InuYasha, 16 October 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Seeing how you have no problem in safe mode suggest it's possibly a driver. Did you turn off anything is msconfig by chance?I would unplug all unnecessary USB devices if you have that many.
When you're in safemode. go to the Device Manager, click on all of the +'s and look for yellow exclamation points or red X's. Also go to the Event Viewer and see what is displayed there
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

I don't see errors in my divices, here my divice manager is open, with the USB port divices shown, as an attachment.
And my event viewer shows soooooo much, it's hard to depict things. And all my sevices are "checked".

Plus, now AVG isn't working. It shows the following error when trying to reinstalll(because it won't work, I tried to reinstall it.)
It happened after I did system restore when my computer rebooted and didn't work.(System Restore somtimes will help me able to boot) Anyway, heres the only details that it will show:
Installer initialization failed due to following error:
Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

Now what can I do?

Edited by InuYasha, 17 October 2008 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

This error happens a lot when you install AVG on a system already infected.
I would try posting in our Am I Infected? forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Mark
Posted Image

#9 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

This error happens a lot when you install AVG on a system already infected.
I would try posting in our Am I Infected? forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

It happened when I tried using Norton. It said fix now so I was like, let's give it a shot! I did it, then it did what it did and restarted my computer. I couldn't get on(because of my boot problem.) and I turned off my computer. When I turned it back on, Vista launched startup repair. Startup repair just wanted to do system restore. It did system restore and rebooted my computer. I was able to make it through the startup. Now Malwarebytes and AVG Free won't work. Maybe Norton did something. I had unistalled AVG and Malwarebytes before that though. I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, its impossible for me to uninstall Malwarebytes, or even use it. I keep getting errors.

But that's still not my big problem, I still have the Boot problem. What good is a computer that won't start up? Want me to generate a Health report or something?
Posted Image

#10 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

I think the problems getting worse! I can't even do fast reply on THIS WEBSITE! And I can't do any kind of submission buttons on the DELL Support website. Javascript commands do nothing apparently. I'm starting to become scared.

Edited by InuYasha, 17 October 2008 - 08:55 PM.

Posted Image

#11 ~PrEmIuM~

~PrEmIuM~

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

hmm..Maybe when you booting a computer, one or more .sys files taking very much time...Or you are infected with Trojan.Tdsserv or its family... If you can, download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and clean Viruses..If nothing has detected show a .sys files, which booting in Normal Mode

But if you cannot connect to internet, try setup with latest definitions ON CD

Edited by ~PrEmIuM~, 18 October 2008 - 01:31 AM.

#12 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

hmm..Maybe when you booting a computer, one or more .sys files taking very much time...Or you are infected with Trojan.Tdsserv or its family... If you can, download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and clean Viruses..If nothing has detected show a .sys files, which booting in Normal Mode

But if you cannot connect to internet, try setup with latest definitions ON CD

I can't download it. I already have it, and I can't uninstall it, and same with my AVG Free. I can't download anything.
Posted Image

#13 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

Alright, forget about the javascript, all my internet explorer settings were disabled. Javascript works now. Lol. sorry about that!

But the anti-virus problem and boot problem still exists.
Posted Image

#14 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

Again Post here:
Am I Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Mark
Posted Image

#15 InuYasha

InuYasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Again Post here:
Am I Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Heh... sorry. I wasn't paying attention that much. I'm stressed out, you know?

Alright, posted there.

Anyway. Back to the boot problem.
Once again, the BOOT gets to the moving green bar, and the green bar keeps going and going and going! Never stops.
Startup repair can't figure out whats wrong.

Edited by InuYasha, 18 October 2008 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users