Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Discuss before i buy :)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 .Connor

.Connor

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

Hi, I saw this on ebay and it sounds really good but i want your guys opinion first please :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUAD-CORE-14-4Ghz-8G...id=p3911.c0.m14

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

Whoo, 14.4 GHZ!! :thumbsup:

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 .Connor

.Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

Whoo, 14.4 GHZ!! :thumbsup:

I want it for gaming really, High spec games such as Asasins creed & COD4, Would this play them?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

I'd watch out - their eBay ad doesn't inspire confidence due to several errors about the construction of the system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 .Connor

.Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

I'd watch out - their eBay ad doesn't inspire confidence due to several errors about the construction of the system.

Thats why i use paypal, Use it to regain my money :thumbsup:

Any other advise? Will this play high spec games?

Edited by .Connor, 12 October 2008 - 12:59 PM.

#6 .Connor

.Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

I want to buy this ASAP if you guys think its worth it?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

It's your money, your interest.

Why ask strangers to decide it for you...when it's obvious (to me) that you want a favorable answer?

Louis

#8 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

why would he stick nvidia cards into an AMD machine. Sure they'll work most likely but why? and using 2 9500 GTs..achieve a better effect using a 9800 or a 4850.
Was going to make a comment on the insane FSB they report on it but after reading on hypertransport i'm shocked and amazed and thinking maybe the next board/cpu i buy will be amd lol

#9 .Connor

.Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

It's your money, your interest.

Why ask strangers to decide it for you...when it's obvious (to me) that you want a favorable answer?

Louis

Who do you think you are? Im asking for advise :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments so far Still undecided though :huh:

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

I think you could find a better computer. I'm not really aware of the price difference between you guys, and us in the United States, but I don't think I would even pay $500 U.S. (which is probably close to half the price you would be paying) for it. Two 9500GT graphics card's is a waste. They are pretty medium-low end card's, and a better card for about the same price of the two would probably be much better.

You should also know that it doesn't come with an operating system either. A disc to install windows costs at least $100 U.S.

Also, the processor isn't really 14.4ghz either.. It's really 2.2ghz. Scammer's try to trick people into thinking the processor is blazing fast by taking the frequency the processor run's at, and multiplying it by how many cores it has. In this case though, he didn't even quadruple the right number...
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

Who do you think you are? Im asking for advise

You asked for opinions and he gave you his opinion. The same as usasma gave his opinion on using eBay, or Sterling14 saying you could do better with a different computer

Surely you don't think that every opinion is going to praise you for making such a wise choice. If you did, then why even ask
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users