Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hewitt1024

hewitt1024

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

Ok, here is my problem. I have windows xp on my computer, and like an idiot I decided I didn't want it anymore and decided to format my c drive and erase it and everything else. I have done this before with no problem, but today it seems I have run into one problem after another. When I put in the windows 98 disk it starts to run setup and then says that i have interrupted setup and file .CAB was not copied. At this point I can do nothing. So then I read that you have to do this thing with fdisk, so I deleted everything there and made on primary dos partition. Well now nothing is working at all and I have no idea what to do. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know, I am at my wits end!!! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:16 AM

So then I read that you have to do this thing with fdisk, so I deleted everything there and made on primary dos partition.

After you do that you need to make the partition active using FDisk. Then you need to Format the drive. You have to format after using FDisk to create a partion.

Step by step instructions are here with screenshots.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users