Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failing to start

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

I seem to have a problem with NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failing to start at boot up. I've not noticed as it hasn't done harm to the computer yet, but I noticed this error when I check on the event viewer. Now I've tried searching the internet for a possible solution but so far have not found one.

The description says The NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failed to start due to the following error: The system could not find the file specified. I've check the file location in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and it is there but how does it not start? :thumbsup:

The Help and Support Center has this as I check on a possible solution, but would like some sound advice from here. I'd be grateful for it.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7000
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
Verify that the service password has not expired.
Verify that the service is in the correct location.
Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first.

Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2.

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
Verify that the service password has not expired.
Verify that the service is in the correct location.
Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.
If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by mischiefmanaged, 11 October 2008 - 09:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

How often does the error occur? If just on bootup - I'd suggest leaving it alone (since it's not hurting anything). Otherwise, I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of the nVidia chipset drivers to see if that cures the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

I noticed it was at every boot up as that was what the event viewer shows and that got me wondering why. I'll try doing that but somehow don't know which driver chipset to download? NVIDIA GeForce2 which is the display adapter driver or the nForce which is the audio driver? Please advise.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

What's the make and model of your system? If it's a custom build, what's the make and model of your motherboard?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 perr

perr

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

You may have a misconfigured service. See here to set up according to your system.

http://www.blackviper.com/

#6 mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:30 PM

What's the make and model of your system? If it's a custom build, what's the make and model of your motherboard?

It's an HP Pavilion 522c.

#7 mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

You may have a misconfigured service. See here to set up according to your system.

http://www.blackviper.com/

Thanks for your suggestion and I've checked the services, all were in order. Although it hasn't solved the problem. I'm thinking of ignoring it if it doesn't have any adverse effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users