Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Internet Security Pro problem.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Em269

Em269

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

This post will probably end up being pretty long, so here goes.

Here is my problem:
For about 3 months now(when I installed Trend Micro) I've been getting malware, spyware, and virus threat pop-ups from Trend Micro. Now normally this isn't a problem, because they get quarantined and then deleted. However, the infected files can no longer be quarantined or even deleted. Since it's almost like Trend Micro refuses to quarantine/delete them, I decided to locate and remove the files myself. As it turns out, I can't even delete them. Whenever I try to it says "Cannot delete awtRKBqQ.dll. Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use." What can I do?

Also I'd like to give the name of the exact file, but it's a different one almost everytime. Except this time. About an hour ago, my computer restarted itself(which really worries me) and when it started back up, Trend Micro keeps giving me this pop-up saying:

"Security threat found. Trend Micro Internet Security Pro has identified a potential threat in one of your files. Click the link below to learn more about it.
Infected files: C:\...\stcpovkd.exe and C:\...\awtRKBqQ.dll
Name: Cryp_Tap-6
Recommendation: Delete the file if not needed."

Two more things I'd like to add, even when I could delete the files they managed to restore themselves after every scan. It would go like this:
1. I'd scan my computer with Trend Micro.
2. It would come up with about 20 infected files which would then be quarantined.
3. I'd delete them
I'd imagine that normally, this would be the end of it, but like I said this process repeats itself. Sometimes the files are the same(even though they were deleted) and sometimes they're different.

And Trend Micro has been giving me these messages when ever it starts up:
" Your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service has shut down. Try restarting Trend Micro Internet Security Pro to restore your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (which I did and it did not work) . If the problem persists, please restart your computer (which I also did, and it did not work) . If you continue to recieve this warning, please contact Technical Support." and

"Your Personal Firewall has shut down. Try restarting Trend Micro Internet Security Pro to restore your Personal Firewall (which I did and it did not work) . If the problem persists, please restart your computer (which I also did, and it did not work) . If you continue to recieve this warning, please contact Technical Support."

I hope I've made myself clear enough and I'd like all the help you can give; thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hi Em269 don't do it yourself, do this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users