Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Installation software messed up mouse control

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bwesson

Bwesson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

Background - before installation mouse usage was normal. Left click & drag to highlight, then right click to copy or cut. Used HP disk to install new printer HP Officejet J3680. It did 2 things - made the mouse copy/cut & paste usage like that of image software. Instead of highlighting the text it creates a shaded box (and also highlights the text) as you move the mouse. In here it works normally, but in email it boxes it, shades it, and asks to clip or print. How do I remove this boxing/imaging type behavior? Secondly, it stopped my other printer, another HP (K80xi) from printing. The pc recognized the port, but nothing would print & it would error out in the print queue. I have since deleted the devices, re-added, and twice installed & de-installed the J3680 software. Finally have the K80xi back online & working, but the J3680 has been removed. How can I add it without affecting the K80xi?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users