Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark Printer x1240 problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kiljaedon

Kiljaedon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:29 PM

I uninstalled original lexmark printer program. I then did the upgrade from the lexmark website for the product. At that point the program would not install and the error given was spooler would not start. Tried to reinstall original program and same error persist. Any help would be appreciated in this matter

Edited by Kiljaedon, 11 October 2008 - 12:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

Although I haven't tried this, it may interest you: http://cubicspot.blogspot.com/2006/07/lexm...removal-is.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

You wouldn't be able to install the original software if the print spooler is turned off. Happened to me a couple of times.

Try this ( it worked for me ). -

START
RUN
Type in msconfig then hit enter
Click on the SERVICES tab
At the bottom of the box put a checkmark in the box next to HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES - this will make the items easier to find
There should be an item there called LEX.BCE
Put a checkmark in the box next to it

You will be prompted to restart your computer
After restarting you will get a popup box ( don't remember what it says ), but you'll need to check ok for the change to take effect.

it's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure the steps are correct.

Keith1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users