Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display issue - XP antivirus related?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwcbf

jwcbf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hi Folks,

I got XP antivirus on my Dell laptop running XP pro. After reading that it was the problem I uninstalled it. Right after uninstalling it, I got this blacked out 2 1/2" vertical strip in the middle of my sceen. I assumed this was because of not properly removing xp antivirus 2008. I then updated my antivirus from symantec to S-endpoint. Ran a complete scan and the stripe is now white. I did some more reading on the internet and then... uninstalled s-endpoint, installed Malwarbytes ans SDfix. I ran MB, restarted in safe mode and ran Sdfix. They found and deleted many bugs. In the process the strip would change to verticle color strips and noise. STill had the strip when evrything was done. I reinstalled S-endpoint and ran a full scan. It found more bugs and deleted.

I also tried to update my display driver, and roll back. I recived a, No better driver exists and nothing to roll back to.

I am starting to think my display is bad.

Any suggestions.
Thanks
JW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

I'd rule out malware before thinking the display is bad (although it is a possibility)

I'll move this over to the Am I Infected forum where you can get some expert assistance....
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jwcbf

jwcbf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

Thanks usasma,

Anyone????

Bueller?.... Bueller???

0 user(s) are reading this topic