Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC to PC File transger-crossover cable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cajunmom

cajunmom

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

I want to transfer my music files to another pc. I have a crossover cable and tried to use the xp file transfer wizard but the two pc's never recognized eachother. Is there another way to do this using my crossover cable? Both pc's are using XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:10 AM

This is an ethernet crossover cable you are speaking about? You plug it in to the network ports on both computers?

Have the computers been networked before, that is to say is this the first time they have been connected? If so you need to use the Network Setup Wizard under Start>Accessories>Communications and make a network betweeen the two PCs.

When that is done you can just share the folder where your music is stored or allow full access to that folder so you can copy the files using Windows Explorer.

I have never used the file transfer wizard but I believe it is a utility to transfer files between PC's linked by serial or parallel cables.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users