Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond, Apple iPhone 3G

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Saurav Raaj

Saurav Raaj

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:39 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to get some good opinion on buying a SmartPhone / PDA / TouchPhone. You may have guessed that by saying so, I have diffused the definitions of each of thes categories, but much of the new launches today are a combination of touch + something.

I have been trying to zero down on one of the following:

HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond, Apple iPhone 3G. Have been reading reviews, but with Apple's carrier lock, I am not really keen on the same. I bought one of the very 1st generation iPhones jailbroke and so on, but the battery seems to be dying out since quite some time, and thus I am keeping off the iPhone. HTC has its own problems of 1-2 seconds delay when switching/closing apps.

What I am looking for is a touch screen interface with good battery to use primarily for office (push emails and so on). I am buying this phone in India, where much of the phones other than Apple 3G come without a carrier lock.

Any suggestions/reviews are welcome. Any other model suggestions are also welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CarbonX

CarbonX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

I would recommend the iPhone 3G, purely for it's simplicity and it's great touch screen.

Edited by CarbonX, 03 January 2009 - 03:12 PM.

#3 ottoa2000

ottoa2000

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

the diamond is what i am getting when it's avaliable in the us. 5 mp cam, video web chat and windows mobile 6.5, what more could you ask for.

apples are verry cool and sleek, the battery issue alone would keep me away. check out some of the videos on youtube it is very nice.

#4 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

I currently have an HTC TyTn II (AT&T Tilt) with Windows Mobile 6.1, before that I had a HTC Wizard (T-Mobile MDA) with WM 5. I have never regretted it and tried the IPhone and personally i think it is annoying. I like being able to do pretty much everything I can on my PocketPC that I can on my comp, with the exception of play shooters.
Forum Skulker. Preventing Comp Nukes everywhere. :-)

#5 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

this totally depends on what you find important. You want an good camera? Or do you find that less important, do you want the ability to download apps, choose the Iphone (it really is and option you should consider)? . We cannot give you an funded recommendation if you're not clearer in what you prefer.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#6 RunningJumper

RunningJumper

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

You should have the battery in your 1st generation iPhone replaced. It is a lot cheaper than getting another phone and this way you also know that you can remain unlocked. Getting a 3G from a store today virtually guarantees you not to be able to do so. I have kept my 3G baseband at 2.28.00 specifically so that I can sell it unlocked whenever they release a new iPhone.

#7 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

? 3g has already been jailbroken and unlocked, was jailbroken by the team up at UCSB 2 months ago, unlocking came out 1.5 months ago.

Edited by RavenPhoenix, 22 May 2009 - 12:49 PM.

Forum Skulker. Preventing Comp Nukes everywhere. :-)

#8 RunningJumper

RunningJumper

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

? 3g has already been jailbroken and unlocked, was jailbroken by the team up at UCSB 2 months ago, unlocking came out 1.5 months ago.

You cannot unlock all 3Gs. ;) It all depends on bootloaders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users