Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run anti-spyware scans, yet no fix..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solo258

Solo258

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Well hello. I am very new to this forum, (about 5min). And I come to you guys looking for a little help. I consider myself a computer novice when it comes to most things, yet i do know my general way around. So i will get to the point. Hijacker. I don't like it :thumbsup: And trust me it has definitely moved-in and is decorating its neat little file folder, somewhere in my computer. Just to give you an idea, I will tell you in all sincerity, that it has inturrupted me writing this thread over 10 times already....I have Microsoft Anti-Spyware, AVG, ZoneAlarm, Spywear-Search and Distroy. I recently downloaded Microsoft Anti-Spywear, and it seems to be the only program which recognizes i have a hijaker on my system in the firstplace. Now...the hijacker simply opens my browser, (firefox), and trys to connect to "hot offers.com" about every minute. I tried deleting FireFox, yet it only started using Internet Explorer..... With a name like "HotOffers" You might question my Internet activity prefferences...yet i can assure you I have no reason, or interest in the world to go to such a site, thus i know not how i seem to have "picked up" a hijacker like this. Now, when MA-Sbeta detects it it says it deletes it...but it pops up no matter how many times I do the full scan and have it fix it. I looked to try and find a file path to manually delete it. Yet when i ask for more information, it says it is: Internet Explorer Start page Http:Hot Offers.com. Not to mention it can never find the site, so it always pops up a "operation timed out" window as well. Well I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this plea for help. As I would like to use a program un-interupted again! This has been on my PC for over 2 months now. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I suggest you submit a HJT log to the BC team of volunteers for their analysis and help.
Instructions are here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Solo258

Solo258
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

can-do. many thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users