Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb 2.0 issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 licknowd3r

licknowd3r

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:31 AM

i've been trying to resolve this issue for several weeks. basically my usb ports, which are all 2.0, are running slow, maybe at 1.1, i'm not sure, all i know is they're much slower than the original factory settings. I've tried different updates for the motherboard chipset and from sony's website. I've also tried to flash the bios because someone told me that may fix the problem. However the motherboard I have a p4sd-vl manufactured by asus doesn't provide an update, and ambios doesn't have anything that i could find either. I would be most appreciative if someone had the extensive knowledge to just point me in the right direction for fixing this. The computer model is vaio pcv-rs 530g by the way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Try the uninstall/reinstall routine.

Go into Device Manager, delete the controllers...reboot and let XP install the drivers for USB anew.

If they are onboard...then you might try just adding a PCI USB 2.0 card to work around the inconvenience.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

The computer model is vaio pcv-rs 530g by the way.

The ONLY place to download a BIOS update is from Sony. Asus and Ambios designed the product strictly for Sony.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 licknowd3r

licknowd3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

thanks for the advice, i'm thinking i might just install a new strip of usb since it's not cooperating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users