Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Issues Mac + PC in the house

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 garrittydoo

garrittydoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

OK. I really need some help on this one.

I have a linksys router I installed with my PC. There are two macs in the house that use a cable to hardwire into it and I am the only wireless receiver. There is a security password and everything is configured and set up properly as far as I can tell.

But..., there is an issue that arises when mac #1 is on. Some of the times it completely kills the transmissions of the router! No signal can be picked up by my pc wireless and mac #2 cannot get internet either.

When I look on the router the green LED that represents the Internet coming in is blinking on and off..., signifying that perhaps there is trouble. And trouble there is because no one can pick up the internet.

BUT...., when I unplug the troublesome mac #1 from the router, the Internet LED on the router goes solid and the internet is coming through free and clear.

SO..., there must be something going on with the mac. I think it only happens when it goes into sleep mode as well.

Is the mac sending some sort of signal to the router to shut it down? I need help on this badly as it is making for some tense "I gotta have my internet" moments in the house between the roommates.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users