Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newest Firefox & IE browsers are suddenly super slow!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

I have no idea how this happened. Last week I was using my backup PC. I run F.F as my default browser. I noticed my home page was not loading properly. It was missing images & other sections simply wouldn't load right. ESPN.com would look crazy, sorta like looking at the site on a cheap cell phone. I would have to refresh the site 3-4 times before most of the page looked right. I then noticed that it took forever for the page to load. It totally acted like I have a dial up connection. I have R.R. cable speed. I thought maybe it was F.F. like it was corrupted somehow. I tried using IE & it had the same problems. I've rebooted several times with no luck. My laptop runs off the same router with no problem so its not the cable speed. I did a virus scan then rebooted, no change. I did notice that the whole PC would get super slow if I was running Limewire or Utorrent. I would not even be DL anything & the whole PC would get slow to the point my cursor didn't work right. It might take 10-20 seconds for the cursor to move across the length of the screen. I would always have to re-boot to make the problem go away.
-Does anyone have any idea as to why my Browsers are not loading properly?
-Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help!!
---------------
-AMD 2100-1GRam-latest ver F.F.-XP-home
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users