1. Hit the power button on my PC
2. When it came back up there was a little red circle with a white x in the system tray- telling me my computer was infected. I KNEW this was the infection, but in my attempt to start SpySweeper from the system tray- I inadvertantly it the little bubble. A dos window opened and started running. It threw some kind of error and quit.
3. I disabled my network adapter.
4. When I got SpySweeper started, it found Troj/WLhack -f. I stopped it and tried to quarrantine that. Since it is running in memory it required a reboot. Well it hung on reboot so I pushed the button again.
5. Spysweeper finds some more crap everytime it runs, and it gets rid of some of it- but it always finds WLhack-f. When it tries to reboot it to quarrantine it, it hangs. There was one time it rebooted OK, and when it came back up I got a "safe-mode" looking screen stating something about spysweeper not being able to find a file it needed.
I found another post (http://www.nutnworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16510) on nuttin works forum from someone with the same trojan. I came to this site in search of Combofix.exe.
Can someone help me out? I have that PC disconnected from the network but can get any files / logs / screenshots that might be needed. It is running XP Pro.
Edited by boopme, 10 October 2008 - 01:08 PM.
EDIT: Moved from XP to AII~~boopme