Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira Scanner picked up Trojan in Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Helen43

Helen43

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

I was running a Malwarebytes scan this afternoon and a warning came up on my Avira Scanner about "TR/Drop.Agent.ckm. It gave the location as C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes. It then flagged up the same Trojan, this time giving its location in the restore files. Is this some form of false positive or was Malwarebytes infected?? I am using XP Service Pack 3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

I had a quick look on the Avira Support Forum and found this result.

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:
File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result
25151154 is-JA3MU.tmp 371.17 KB FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
Filename Result
is-JA3MU.tmp FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'is-JA3MU.tmp' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.
Please note that you will receive an email which will contain the results shown above. In case the final outcome of the analysis is not yet finished for all files the notification will be sent once ready.

It will make more sense looking through the full post here, as the file name appears different but it's noted there as a false positive.

Edit: however there isn't much more found via google (unless you can read german?) so it's up to you if you want to pusue further but i don't see a download from CNET being infected tbh.

E-Mu

Edited by Emu1616, 10 October 2008 - 11:52 AM.

~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 Helen43

Helen43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

Thank you- I have noticed on Googling it that most of the hits seem to be in German! I ran Malwarebytes last week with no problem at all so I'm none the wiser although I have updated it since.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

Id say if everything is running ok then i cant see there being a problem.

Normally you would have notice other changes/alerts if you where infected

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users