Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scromer1749

scromer1749

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

well i am new to this site and hopefully looking to get some good answers.

so i have gotten a emachine computer out of a storage locker that got auctioned off. so i got home and when i tryed to hook it up to see if it works, when i plug the power cord into the power supply instantly the fan on power supply turns on and the power light flashes real fast and HDD light flashes fast also almost like maybe something is grounded out. but i push power butten and also hold it down and nothing happens i dont think the hard drive even comes on just power supply and nothing show up on screne.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:41 AM

Hi scromer1749, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

The power button on the front of the case should only be pushed and then released, not held, this will cause the computer to shut off.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 scromer1749

scromer1749
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

Hi scromer1749, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

The power button on the front of the case should only be pushed and then released, not held, this will cause the computer to shut off.

yes i know this. im just saying that i had even tried it just to try and get something to happen. But for the reason when i plug pc in the light is immediatly flashing fast so i try holding it just to see if it whould stop.

Edited by scromer1749, 10 October 2008 - 12:52 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

What happens if you plug it in and leave it alone, does the fan in the PSU continue to spin? Do the lights on the keyboard flash?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 scromer1749

scromer1749
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

What happens if you plug it in and leave it alone, does the fan in the PSU continue to spin? Do the lights on the keyboard flash?

nothing at all happens. only this is the fan on back of pc where the power supply is, is the only thing that comes on and dont turn off unless i unplug, and the power light and HD light flash real fast. HD does not come on, seems like there might be like a short some where because i dont have the choice to turn it on because instantly when i plug in that stuff happens. and yes PSU fan stays spinning

Edited by scromer1749, 10 October 2008 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users