Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera won't play flash videos only on some sites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

I hope this is the right area. Yes i have posted on the Opera forum and they just gave me links to other posts that have flash problems. Here is the deal I can't see flash videos and some programs on five or six web sites. WWW.music.aol.com, www.yahoo.com, www.ew.com/ew. Also some pages won't show the same flash ads as my other browsers show. So one site has 95% of a empty page that i see. I have gone into opera and looked up to see if the right flash is installed, reinstalled the flash, upgraded to the newest opera, deleted cookies and cache, manually installed the flash file by file. Most people on the forum who have a problem have it with youtube, i don't, infact i can see sites that others can't but they can see what i can't. I've tested the flash on the flash site. I just love OPERA more than any other browser and I don't give up easy. I thought it was a Opera problem for a long time in that the sites were not showing opera the same things as other browsers because opera is not a default browser. I was wrong. IDEAS? Anything, i'll try it, i 've got more time invested in this problem than I want to say. :thumbsup: that's why i wanted to post again, get a group to look at this. Am I stupid to keep trying? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

According to this, Flash 9 is not compatible with Opera. So the answer is use a different browser. Flash has also had some compatibility problems with Firefox.

http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/872/

#3 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

This is what it says" To run properly, Adobe Flash Player 9 Update 3 requires a GTK browser. Hence it is not compatible with the Opera 9.2x series of browsers on Intel FreeBSD, Intel Linux, Intel Solaris, and Sparc Solaris.

However, in Opera 9.5 beta 1 and later, operapluginwrapper implements the GTK main loop, and hence will run the latest version of Flash.Hence it is not compatible with the Opera 9.2x series of browsers on Intel FreeBSD, Intel Linux, Intel Solaris, and Sparc Solaris.

It says that opera 9.5 at that time beta is compatible and there fore it shouldn't have any problems, my version is 9.52 and not beta. I wish it was that clear. That's not it you have to read the whole comment or it looks like a good answer. NEXT :trumpet: IT'S TIME TO DANCE :flowers: :thumbsup: :) :inlove: :cool: BORED SORRY.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

You didn't give a version. It seems like you're going through a lot of trouble when the recommended solution by Opera themselves is pretty simple. Use a different browser. Why aggravate yourself?

#5 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

In the opera forum 80% of the people who use opera don't have flash problems, so I'm going by that, however I'm sorry if i sounded rude, didn't mean to be and if this keeps up your right in that i can't use a browser that only works sometimes. I get stubborn, but it doen't look like i'll find a fix. Hey thanks for posting and maybe that's part of the problem :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users