Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I scanned with Max Registry Cleaner...Now What?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

I just got the program and I scanned and it found 1057 invalid entries. But what do I do now? Do I delete it all or are there entries I should leave? Let me know. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

There is some good information at the site that the link below will take you to. We generally don't endorse the use of registry cleaners here because of the number of people that use the with reading or understanding the instructions and wind up not being able to use their computers. All I takes is one error and your computer will not start again.

If you are going to use this tool anyway, you should backup your registry just in case.

Backup Your Registry with ERUNT
  • Please use the following link and scroll down to ERUNT and download it.
    http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php
  • For version with the Installer:
    Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
  • For the zipped version:
    Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.
Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe

This is the link to the information previously mentioned.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/61015...y-cleaners.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users