Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photos show up in search but not at actual location

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fleamour

fleamour

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

My friend has lost access to her photos, she has quite a few. Recently she was transferring all her data from an old computer to a new donated crate, via a USB stick. The sticks capacity means that it is taking an age. But now she cannot access her photos even thought they show up in the search function. Could they have been accidentally deleted? The search engine as I understand it compiles a list of files that may no longer be accurate, i.e. Deleted. The photos are on her old computer waiting to be transferred. I am not sure what O/S it is but guess either Win2k or XP. I do have some un-delete software on my USB key for such emergences, but there may be a more simple explanation?
ASRock Conroe (micro ATX) - Ubuntu 12.04/Win 7 Ultimate (x86)
Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz/low profile Noctua (single fan)
4GB OCZ DDR2 RAM, GeForce GT220 1024MB

Vintage IBM-T21 laptop, Xubuntu Lucid LTS
512MB KingSpec RAM, 1GHz CPU [T22 Fan], Wireless-G PCMCIA, 7200RPM HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

It depends on how was she transferring.
Was she copying on USB stick and then copying to other computer. Or was she moving to USB stick and then moving to other computer.

Sorry but you dont give much information about the problem either.

#3 fleamour

fleamour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

Sorry. She was transferring her files via USB stick, not sure if she copied or pasted? The old computer is Win 98, the new one being XP. It may be that the photos have become disassociated with the viewing app. My uncle John is going to fix it Sat morning, he is a bit of an expert. I'll find out what he says. Posted in haste, & have not even looked at computer, hence the paucity of info.
ASRock Conroe (micro ATX) - Ubuntu 12.04/Win 7 Ultimate (x86)
Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz/low profile Noctua (single fan)
4GB OCZ DDR2 RAM, GeForce GT220 1024MB

Vintage IBM-T21 laptop, Xubuntu Lucid LTS
512MB KingSpec RAM, 1GHz CPU [T22 Fan], Wireless-G PCMCIA, 7200RPM HDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users