Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is there any way to test or check my processor?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Punisher

The Punisher

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

My laptop, after being used for 3 or 4 hours becomes so slow that even clicking on the start button takes forever to load. every mouse click such as the right click takes 3 to 4 minutes to respond.

I'm guessing this is a hardware problem. Ive tried memtest and my ram is not at fault. So is there any other application like memtest that will test or check my processor?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

How full is your hard drive? Have you done any disk maintenance and defragged?
Check your virtual memory settings
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

The CPU is one of those items that tends to either work or not work. What you have sound like overheating. I would suggest purchasing a can of air and blowing out the vents.

I would help to know what make and model your computer is. How much RAM you have. How large the hdd is, and how much free space you have on it. And what kind of processes you are running when it slows down.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

CTRL+ALT+DEL, or right click taskbar/toolbar and select "Task Manager", go to "Performance" tab and check CPU/Memory usage. Select "processes" to see what is eating up CPU/memory. Many times a bad program with a memory leak will cause your symptoms.

A program like CPU-Z will also give you CPU temps and indicate if it is throttling down due to heat.

As posted above, more information on your part would be a big help.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users