Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best Download manager?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

I have had DAP but it was syware and was a trial. I want a free full version no trial download manager. I just want the to be able to pause a download since i have dial up and need to use my phone. I have also has fresh download but it was junk and would not connect to the download sites just said waiting for connection and then it would time out. I have also used gozilla on my old pc and all it was was spyware! I removed the spyware and when my downloads would download it wouldnt open them. It said"i wont run without adds"!!! ANd gozilla is hard to remove and has no uninstaller???? Please help! Thanks CGM3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

Here a great FREE one looks like you stumped yourself lol jk

http://www.download.com/Free-Download-Mana...tml?tag=lst-0-3

Using this free download accelerator and manager you can downloads files and complete Web sites up to 600% faster than before. It utilizes complete bandwidth of your Internet connection even if you download from slow web sites. Features of the download manager include: integration with Internet Explorer and Opera, scheduler, antivirus integration, adjusting traffic usage, resuming downloads, downloading complete Web sites.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

Yes well not stumped just open to suggestions!

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

looks good brunt! Let me test it out and get back to you. If there are any more anybody knows about just tell me!

#5 Dangitall

Dangitall

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

MetaExpress

If what you're looking for is an accelerator with some management capabilities, try this one. The basic program is free, but there are some added features that cost. (Note: works with IE only.)

If, however, all you're looking for is a manager, try using the Firefox browser.

Edited by Dangitall, 03 August 2004 - 07:13 PM.

'Newbie'?? In a pig's ear!

Main Machine: 500MHz P3, 320MB PC100, 80GB Seagate, Nvidia FX5200, Philips RhythmicEdge

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

Yes i use firefox browser. But when i click pause and diconect my internet then it when i come back online will say 100% done and then wont open.??? So i just wanted a manager. With pause and resume. Thanks

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

Here a great FREE one looks like you stumped yourself lol jk

http://www.download.com/Free-Download-Mana...tml?tag=lst-0-3

Using this free download accelerator and manager you can downloads files and complete Web sites up to 600% faster than before. It utilizes complete bandwidth of your Internet connection even if you download from slow web sites. Features of the download manager include: integration with Internet Explorer and Opera, scheduler, antivirus integration, adjusting traffic usage, resuming downloads, downloading complete Web sites.

Here is the one and it does both cow's did you give it a try???

#8 Dangitall

Dangitall

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:21 PM

Yes i use firefox browser. But when i click pause and diconect my internet then it when i come back online will say 100% done and then wont open.???

Odd - I've never seen that. Which version of FF are you running?
'Newbie'?? In a pig's ear!

Main Machine: 500MHz P3, 320MB PC100, 80GB Seagate, Nvidia FX5200, Philips RhythmicEdge

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:30 PM

O yes! I downloaded it.......As for trying it not yet. I have but i cant get it to watch my brower. It wont load when i click download. I am using my IE broswer not the firefox.?????

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:31 PM

The newest. Mozilla firefox version 0.9.2!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users