Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! No icons appeared!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PwnZorz

PwnZorz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:48 AM

Hi

Im currently using WinXP, when i bootup my PC, it seems normally fine. But after 30 mins...

Posted Image

This happened.

Please help? o.o

I'm worried... am i infected with something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kanyama

kanyama

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi
it appears like some of the Icons where not in ready state hence they don't know which program created them.
perhaps they were corrupted during the installation.
Haven't you Jumped some few files during the installation. This happened to me when I was installation window xp sp 2, I jumped a file specified for windows media player after finishing installation, I was unable to launch windows media player, the Icon appears not in read state.
I suggest repair the installation. just follow the same procedures of installation but when it comes to that option of do you want to set up a new installation or you want to repair, choose the repair to fix the problem.

kanyama

Edited by kanyama, 09 October 2008 - 06:43 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Have youj tried running chkdsk /r from the Start/Run mode...and defragging after chkdsk finishes running and reboots?

Louis

#4 PwnZorz

PwnZorz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

Oh wait nevermind, restart should do the trick. :thumbsup:

And, i didnt skip any Installation, because my PC was formatted 1 week before that happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users