Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 problems. 2 newly found. 1 forgot was in quarantine.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

Hello everyone!

I was doing a deep scan with "a squared" to check and see if the one problem program I deleted was still there. It wasn't. But unfortunately it found 2 others during the deep scan. Plus I had 1 problem already in quarantine that I had forgoten about.

Here are those problems that the "a squared" deep scan found:

Trace.Registry.JEOPARDY!!A2 listed as a medium risk
Trace: Value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Pictures Games\JEOPARDY! -->PID

Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.kt!A2 listed as a high risk
File: C:\Program Files\Dell Games\SCRABBLE\Scrabble.exe

Here is the one that I forgot was in quarantine:

Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.burx listed as a high risk
File: C:\Program Files\Dell Games\Polar Bowler\Polar.exe

I put both of the new ones in quarantine. Should I select to delete them? Also should I notify Dell about the games, because it seems that is where these programs are being discovered in. Or is that just what the people/person are deciding on using when they enter my computer via those programs?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:15 AM

Users in the past have complained that the WildTangent software was difficult to uninstall, [5] although the company packages an uninstaller with the program. To remove WildTangent, you can use the Add/Remove functionality in Windows or any number of third-party tools such as "RootkitRevealer", or "HijackThis".

Strictly speaking the dell games are not true trojans

Dell amd Wildtagent only want to make a profit, not really scam you like true malware, however they come closs to crossing the line here.

Dell gets paid to install that crapware, you get the game free, wildtangent gets your information and sells it, sometimes to the wrong people, and your computer is definitely more vulnerable as wildtangent has backdoor access.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildTangent
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hello everyone!

So, Basicaly I have a choice, 1)continue to play the games and risk having my computer taken over and messed with. Or 2)delete the programs that these threats are in and then deny access to the internet for the other game programs to prevent them from getting anything.

Any other options I forgot to mention? Besides blowing up the computer. :thumbsup:

So, if the "a squared" cannot or is unable to delete those particular files/prorgams I have in quarantine, What are my options then?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

A2's deep scan can seem to flag up 'suspicious' entries :thumbsup:

maybe run a scan with malawarebytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453

and see its results for checking?

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. I have already deleted two others. Thanks for your cooperation.

This thread is closed. If you have any questions. Please PM me or another Moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users