Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Installer/Office Professional

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anniecrystal

anniecrystal

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

I have Windows XP and I have Office Professional 2003. I downloaded the Trial 2007 Office Pro from Microsoft's website, but after trying decided I really didn't like it so I uninstalled it. Even before I unistalled when ever I opened a 2003 application the Windows installer would pop up. Now that I have uninstalled 2007, my 2003 won't open, it is like it isn't there (although I went to the control panel and it was there). The Windows Installer pops up no matter what I try to do, even logging on to the internet.

I went into the control panel where you can add and remove programs and 2003 is still there. I tried restoring back to a previous date, but that wouldn't work.

Can anyone tell me how to get the Installer to stop popping up, and how can I get the system to recognize my 2003 Office Software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

Do you still have the install disks for 2003?

If so remove 2003 & anything to do with it and 2007 and reinstall from the disk.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 anniecrystal

anniecrystal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

I don't have the disc. The company I was working for gave me a copy which was a part of their master license so I could work at home. My job was eliminated a couple of months ago. I presume that I will have to buy a copy for myself unless is there is some way I could back up the copy that is on my computer and reinstall it. Is that possible?

In the mean time, how do I get the Windows Installer to stop popping up and looking for Office professional. Everytime I try to do something, it pops up. It is very difficult to get it to go away.

Also, anyone know of a reliable source where I can buy a 2003 upgrade (I have the discs for '97). Most of what I is offered on the net are OEM copies and the "OLD VERSIOn", whatever that is.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

Is there a message when Windows Installer pops up?

Whatever you do, do not use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility on MS Office products
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 anniecrystal

anniecrystal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

The messages start with Preparing to Install - then Please wait while it configures Office Professional 2003 and then it goes to the following error message

Error 1311. Source file not found C:MSOCache/All Users/ 9000469-6000-1103-8CFE-0150048383C9/P2561401.CAB

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

Give this a look:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818234
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users