Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange windows process zghyfgva.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mouzy

mouzy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

I recently had an issue where my window's task manager would not open up because it said that the administrator had disabled that option. Odd thing is, I am the only one that uses this computer. I initially thought that I might have a virus so I ran ESET NOD32 anti-virus scan. It did pick up some malware and the problem appears to have been resolved, but now I am paranoid and have been checking task manager to see if any processes or applications might be running that might be suspicious. That is when I ran across the process "zghyfgva.exe". I haven't been able to find what this process relates to. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Miche2Cor517

Miche2Cor517

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

mouzy,
i'm a new user and currently debugging my system with bleepingcomputer help

i had a trojan that would generate new exe and dll files with crazy randomized file names.
your mystery file does sound/look suspicious.

all these guys seem to like the Malware removal tool. and it did pick up lots of problems on
my system that mcafee and adaware missed.

see my post (trojan vundo.gen.k) from early am hours 10/9/08; or pretty much any other post in this forum i've see the techs post the link and instructions for the malware program.

happy hunting.
miche
2 Cor 5:17

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:09 AM

maybe try running a scan with malawarebytes
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=959453

to see what, if anything gets flagged up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users