Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LawlNoodle

LawlNoodle

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

Recently after I got my HD4850 my computer has been restarting and I think it's my PSU but i'm not sure here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
GPU: Diamond ATI Radeon HD4850
PSU: 450 Watt
Motherboard: Acer F690GVM

Please Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

If you disable the automatic restart you will get an error message, this is what we need to see in order to help you. To see this you will have to disable the automatic restart, the instructions below will explain how to do this. After you have done this, please post the error messages back here.

Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery. Under startup and Recovery click on Settings, uncheck the box in Automatically restart under System failure.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LawlNoodle

LawlNoodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

I've done that now what?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Rather than restarting you should now receive an error message, please copy it and post it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 LawlNoodle

LawlNoodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

My computer restarted anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users