Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System failure. . .Blue screen at start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

That is what it says. I know its the video card. I am using a NVIDIA G-Force 4. I have the latest updates. I wanna know if there is anyway I can prevent this form happening again or will I need to buy a new one.

---------

I forgot to mention if I should be worried about the computer dying on me. I have a lot of work on this computer and do not want to lose it.

Edited by CalusBlade, 08 October 2008 - 06:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

This particular error is related to the drivers that help your video card "talk" to the rest of the computer (and to Windows).
To fix it you'll have to uninstall the nVidia software from the Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs applet. Then go to this link and download the appropriate version for your system: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Once it's downloaded, double click on the file to install it on your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

Gotta do that a gain huh. . . >< I started looking for the lowering of power option and other stuff so it doesn't stress the video card. . .Well I made myself dizzy because I kept changing the settings. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users