Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 apps crash on menu usage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 buckman341

buckman341

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Strange problem that has cropped up on my fathers computer (not mine). We both use Office 2007 and Windows XP altho I believe he updated to service pack 3 and I decided not to.

Basically any time he tries to save or print or access anything from the Office main menu in ANY Office 2007 application (including but not limited to Word and Excel) the program simply closes with no error message generated. This is repeatable 100% of the time. I can't even run the Office update tool without it crashing.

I have read and reviewed the information found in the KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 even tho the issue there is over 2 years old.
I have gone through his registry and the suggested entries found in that KB are already there. I have also removed all HP programs, software, and drivers (and restarted) and disconnected his printer just in case, no improvement.
I have added Verclsid.exe to the safe list of Norton 360 which is running on his system, no change.
I have also started his computer in minimal safe mode, no improvement.

We have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007, no improvement.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users