Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jumping Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raindancer

Raindancer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone,
This is my first posting here, so please bear with me if I get a few things wrong - thanks.

Athlon 64 bit machine, running XP Home with sp2 installed / IE 6.

I'm experiencing a *jumping* screen, that is, the screen image appears to move about, and it doesn't matter if I have just logged on or whether I've been online for some time, or whether I'm on a web site, or on the desktop.
Only been happening recently, no new programs installed and all updates are in place.
Had thought it might be a virus, but all checks carried out came through clean.
Regular maintenance carried out, and defragged this morning.
Can anyone offer some help please?
Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

How old is your monitor...could be a hardware issue....

take your monitor cable off and check to make sure that all of your pins on the monitor cord are not bent...then make sure your monitor is connected securely.

It also could be your video card (assuming you have one)...make sure that your vid card is secure..

Edited by windowsxp550, 30 April 2005 - 02:58 PM.

Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 Raindancer

Raindancer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
New Flat Screen 17 inch Monitor, less than a month old. The computer was newly built at the same time, and the Video Card is fine, checked all I can. I'm not running a screen saver, and the desktop image is the default, so can't be that.
Unsure how to proceed here, but will install the old monitor and see if that makes a difference, it's worth a try anyway, thanks for the suggestion. ;o).

#4 Raindancer

Raindancer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:54 AM

Tried the old monitor with the same result, screen still jumping about.

#5 Raindancer

Raindancer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

The screen jumping about only happened when I used Mozilla Firefox Browser. Now deleted, so problem solved.
Thanks for the help
Raindancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users