Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mike=)).

mike=)).

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hi, I'm experiencing internet problems. I hope there is someone who can help ???

I can connect to the internet (using IE or firefox) without problem. But after a few minutes I am unable to click links.... getting the error message:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information"

Network Diagnostic for Windows XP:

Last diagnostic run time: 03/24/08 11:02:19

WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP.

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC (3C905B-TX), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection 2, Device=1394 Net Adapter #2, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mike=)).

mike=)).
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

I guess no-one knows what these errors imply ?

Anyways, I have uninstalled my firewall (Comodo Pro), re-installed a more recent version of Comodo, disabled the Windows firewall, and now all seems to be running.

I still don't know WHY this happened, as it coincided with another major problem.

There are some other issues, but posting those on other threads.

#3 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:24 AM

Hi Mike,

Sorry no-one got to your thread sooner, glad to hear you now have it sorted and thanks for posting how you fixed it.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#4 mike=)).

mike=)).
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

I always try to fix things myself, if I can... ;)

this was the Comodo fix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173379/firewall-fails-at-boot/

Also disabling the Windows firewall after installing the personal firewall probably helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users